There are many grafting techniques and materials available for the implant surgeon. It is important to understand the defect anatomy, our regenerative goals, and our skill set in order to choose which technique will be most predictable for each case.
In this course there will be a strong focus on autogenous bone grafting techniques, which is still the gold standard.
- To understand how we can use autogenous bone, covering different intraoral harvest sites and techniques, as well as grafting methods.
- To understand that autogenous bone is still the gold standard
- To understand how we have to manage it to minimize bone resorption, which is the biggest fear for oral surgeons
- To understand when autogenous bone is not indicated and numerous alternatives and materials available for grafting in such cases
- To familiarize with soft tissue augmentation procedures and to understand when and how they have to be applied along with bone grafting.
- To become familiar with bone biology, wound healing and different regenerative challenges we can face with each patient.
- To safely harvest autogenous bone and soft tissue
- To understand differences between other available biomaterials and their indication