In this course there will be a strong focus on autogenous bone grafting techniques, which is still the gold standard.
- To understand how we can use autogenous bone, covering different intraoral harvest sites and techniques, as well as grafting methods.
- To understand that autogenous bone is still the gold standard
- To understand how we have to manage it to minimize bone resorption, which is the biggest fear for oral surgeons
- To understand when autogenous bone is not indicated and numerous alternatives and materials available for grafting in such cases
- To familiarize with soft tissue augmentation procedures and to understand when and how they have to be applied along with bone grafting.
- To become familiar with bone biology, wound healing and different regenerative challenges we can face with each patient.
- To safely harvest autogenous bone and soft tissue
- To understand differences between other available biomaterials and their indication